Steak day is the correction day in case you gain more pounds since your last weight. Weight gain is a poor reaction to your body from the foods you eat. Steak day is also done to break a weight-loss stall. This is an effective and healthy way of getting back to the track of the HCG diet. It corrects the metabolism and renews the balance of calories.
Steak day is usually done in the evening during dinner. You are not allowed to eat anything all day except for water, tea or coffee. Prepare a large steak at night with tomato or an apple. You can do the steak day for two days until you get back to your last weight. Steak day allows resetting your hypothalamus and function well on metabolism again.
The benefits of steak day during your HCG diet
- Steaks are very rich in nutrients- Protein can improve the overall health. It helps in maintaining bone and muscle health. It is also responsible for the production of antibodies that fights again diseases and infection. Steak can also help you stay full until your next meal. High-protein can also increase fat burning during the HCG diet. Large steaks have a slow-digesting protein that your body needs for weight loss.
- It is rich in iron, zinc and other nutrients- These nutrients are helpful in the production of hemoglobin. The hemoglobin transports oxygen to the parts of your body. Zinc as well helps break down chemicals that harm your body. This helps cleanse your body from unhealthy chemicals.
- Steaks are rich in vitamins- It has vitamins A, B and D. These vitamins are commonly found in meat. It helps in strengthening your bones and central nervous system. Another benefit of eating high-protein lean meat that helps in maintaining your skin health.
Things you must do after the steak day on the HCG diet
- Eat healthy foods– End your indulgences of unhealthy foods that cause you to gain weight. You have to start eating organic products such as fruits and vegetables.
- Stay hydrated- Water helps cleanse your body. It can also aid in distributing nutrients to the various parts of your body. Water will maintain proper flow of blood and it stabilizes your blood sugar levels.
- Accompany some light exercises- Light exercises such as yoga, jogging or walking can help you burn extra calories. This can also take you back to your diet track in case you gain weight.