Establishing a healthy habit will take time. You will find it hard to transition especially if you are accustomed to your normal routine every day. However, if you are on the HCG diet you have to change your habit as early as the weight loss starts. It is time that you would focus on breaking your comfort zone. This comfort zone means you have to set free from your comfort food, comfort habits, and lifestyle.
Losing weight is important especially during this COVID-19 pandemic. This is because weight gain and obesity are associated with diseases. You will be vulnerable to the virus if you have chronic diseases, hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, and other weight-related diseases. Weight gain or obesity can weaken your immune system. Your immune system is the main target of the virus that is why you have to maintain a healthy weight.
You maybe are stuck at home during this pandemic and having a hard time losing weight. Your routine may have changed such as your time of sleep and your meal schedule. If these things have contributed to your weight gain then you must start to change it right now. Adopting healthy habits is important especially when you are doing the VLCD. The HCG diet is good news for your weight loss goal. This is because it allows you to lose weight without going to the gym or having weight loss surgery.
The second phase of the HCG diet
The second phase of the HCG diet is known as the very low-calorie diet. This comes right after the 2-day loading or gorging. You are only allowed to eat at least 500 calories per day during this phase. You are also allowed to have limited reference to food choices. The second phase of the HCG diet does not permit any foods that have sugar, oil, preservatives, salt, food flavorings, and other ingredients that have high-calorie content. You will be maintaining the HCG shot during this phase. The effect of the HCG is visible and it is effective in rapid fat burning.
How does the HCG work during the second phase?
Having new habits will help you embrace easily on the HCG diet. You can follow stay at home guidelines that will help the HCG to take effect in burning your body fats. The work of HCG in your body is to reset your metabolic rate and make it faster. Through this, your body will undergo rapid fat burning. It burns the fats even in the hard to reach areas of your body. HCG will curb hunger and protect your muscle mass. It is also responsible for supplying energy to your body during the VLCD.
The new habits that you must establish during the P2 of the HCG diet
- Avoid skipping your meal- You have to manage your mealtime when you are in the second phase of the HCG diet. Change the unhealthy eating habits that you have established which causes you to gain weight. Skipping your will lead to nutritional problems. Take your meal at the right time during the HCG diet. Have a coffee or tea for your breakfast and a solid meal for lunch and dinner. Just make sure that you do not go beyond 500 calories each day.
- Track the foods you eat– As you eat foods you have to track its ingredients and the calorie level it has. This is for you to avoid eating too much. Track your food intake every single meal you have and make it as your habit. Be careful with the food ingredients such as sugar, preservatives, color, and flavorings. You are also not allowed to eat foods that have high sodium and carbohydrates.
- Lessen your exercise activity- You can still accompany exercise but it is less needed when you are doing the HCG diet. It is because you can lose pounds without doing extreme exercises. However, you are allowed to incorporate yoga, meditation, walking, and jogging in your weekly routine. You just have to make sure that you are not tired or hungry when you exercise. Extreme exercise might consume your energy and raise your stress level.
- Eat mindfully- Focus on eating and avoid doing other chores. This is very important during the VLCD to be able to track your food intake. Eat on your dining table instead of having your food while watching television or playing games. Eating mindfully will help you determine if you are still hungry or full. You also have to get the proper portion of foods in each meal serving. This technique will help you avoid weight gain during the VLCD.
Avoid weight gain during the second phase of the HCG diet so that the HCG can continue its work. That is why you have to be careful with your food choices so that there will be no sabotage. In every pound, you gain during the VLCD the work of HCG is affected. Even a modest amount of weight gain can lead to increased blood sugar and other weight-related complications. That is why you have to stop your unhealthy habits that have been affecting your weight loss.
Sample routine you can follow during the VLCD of the HCG diet
- Weigh yourself as soon as you get up. Record your daily weigh-ins complete details.
- Have your HCG shot in the morning before going out in your room. Have it at the same time each day to be able to miss a dose.
- Make sure to have a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast before going somewhere or exercising. Your coffee and tea must be free from sugar.
- Prepare your lunch meal ahead of time to avoid prolonged hunger
- Have a complete portion of lean meat, vegetable, and fruit during your lunch.
- Choose the leanest portion of meat and weight it raw. Have at least 100 grams of lean meat. Have it grilled or boiled because you are not allowed to have fried foods.
- Avoid mixing vegetables in one serving to be able to track calorie intake properly.
- For you in between meals or snacks, you can have 1 fruit. You can choose from apple, oranges, grapefruit, a handful of strawberries and blueberries, peach and pears.
- Your meal on dinner must have the same amount as what you have during lunch.