Phase 4 is the rewarding phase of the HCG diet. This is the last part of the HCG diet which requires you to maintain the weight loss that you have attained. This is also the time that you are already allowed to eat real foods. However, it is always encouraged that you have to eat the foods that are organic and freshly picked. Choose the foods that are filling and help you eat less and maintain fullness.
It is important to know that P4 is not about losing more pounds anymore. This is about maintaining your weight loss goal. You have to be extra careful during this phase. This is because you can still gain weight if you go beyond the healthy eating style. You can also now introduce back carbs and sugar in minimal amount. You have to add food gradually to be able to help your body adjust to the new calorie intake.
The real foods that you introduce back during the P4 of the HCG diet
- Eggs and meat- These has a high level of zinc, iron, and minerals. You can also enjoy eating lean meat because it is also rich in protein. Lean meat keeps off hunger pains for the whole day. It keeps in staying full for the entire day. All cuts of lean chicken, pork and beef meat help preserve muscle mass and bone health.
- More fruit choices- Fruits helps in boosting your metabolism and also treats various inflammations. Fruits are healthy choices for proper weight loss and it also helps in digesting starchy foods. Fruits are a good substitute for your unhealthy food indulgences. Eat fruits when you crave to eat sugar and other sweet foods.
- Oatmeal and bread- It is also good to jump-start your metabolism. Load on the exact amount of oatmeal because it also contains carbs. Choose to have organic oatmeal and enjoy your breakfast during P4.
- Vegetable carbs- Veggies has high levels of antioxidants helps in digestion and fighting against various inflammations. It also helps deal with indigestion and staves off a high intake of calories. The vegetable is rich in potassium, vitamins C, folic acid, vitamin A and other health benefits.
- White bread and rice- Rice and white bread are loaded with carbs and will supply your energy levels. However, you can eat them in a minimal amount the same thing as sugar. This is because it can also cause you to gain weight. This is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
More food choices during P4 of the HCG diet
- Chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, and almonds
- Pecans, cashew, pistachios, walnuts, yams
- Acorn squash, macadamias, legumes and carrots
- Mango, banana, apple, plum, and grapes
- Kiwi, peach, and watermelon, chestnuts
- Pork and beef meat, turkey and chicken
- Yogurt, milk, mustard, and peanut
- All kinds of cheese, heavy cream, and parmesan
- Whole wheat pasta, rice, and oatmeal
Benefits of real foods in maintaining your weight loss
- It deals cravings- Real foods such as fruits can help in dealing with such cravings. Fruits have a natural sweetness that can help in satisfying your sweet tooth. Fruits such as strawberries and apple provide a natural sweet fix. You can also have vegetables and meat. These are filling and nutritious that satisfies your taste buds as well as your body.
- It helps in maintaining your weight loss– Choose the foods that have fewer calories. These food choices fill more plate than the processed ones. There are real food choices that are very filling and has low calorie which fits in during the very low-calorie diet.
- Prevents the effect of unhealthy food choices- Real foods are beneficial than processed foods. Processed foods are the cause of high blood pressure and sugar levels. The real foods, on the other hand, can give your body a break. This is because real foods cleanse your body from those food chemicals. It also detoxifies your body from food chemicals.
Tips in adding more foods during the P4 of the HCG diet
- Load more than 500 calories but control your intake
You are not allowed to eat less than 500 calories during this phase. The 500calorie diet is only allowed during phase 2 because of f the presence of HCG in your body. However, you also have to maintain a proper portion of calories in your food.
- Minimize or avoid various kinds of hydrogenated oils
Minimize or stay away from any kind of fats and oils such as fried foods, and oily creams. Stay away from hydrogenated oils that are used to preserve processed foods. It will not just lead you to gain weight but it also blocks your blood vessels.
- Remain on your diet track
This is the part where your body is already independent of the HCG. You will be eating more food choices without gaining a single pound. You can add eggs, crab meat, Avocado, coconut oil, and mushroom. Make sure to follow the protocol in implementing the P4 of the HCG diet.
- Continue to ban all the unhealthy food choices
Unhealthy food causes weight gain and weight-related diseases. This is because of the high level of calorie. Unhealthy foods are the common food from your indulgences. Choose whole food products during the HCG diet. It helps in promoting weight loss.
- Lower your stress levels and be mindful in eating
Do not prolong stress to avoid the driving up of hormones that cause weight gain. Deal with stress by doing yoga, relaxation, and sleeping. Munch your food slowly and mindfully. Focus on eating so that you can easily detect when you are already full.
- Do not skip your and stay hydrated
Skipping meals affects your weight loss and stability of your body. It will also delay your weight loss and may cause diseases. Hydration is also important to maintain your weight loss. It takes off extra calories from the foods you eat. It flushes out body waste and toxins and helps you to lose weight even more. Drink adequate amount of water every day.