You are free from the calorie cut down during the HCG diet. However, this does not mean that you will go back to unhealthy eating. Maintain the healthy eating routine even after the HCG diet. Your food choices differ in calorie content. That is why you have to be careful in loading because it might cause weight gain.
You are not allowed to go back to your unhealthy habits because it will ruin your weight loss. Unhealthy habits can cause various diseases. Enjoy healthy foods and avoid having processed food in maintaining your weight loss. You can gradually add more food choices after the HCG diet. However, you are not allowed to eat too much.
Foods you can enjoy after the HCG diet
- Whole Egg– eggs are high in protein and healthy fats. This increases the feeling of fullness and takes off hunger pains. Eggs are more beneficial and filling than refined carbs. It can always help you suppress your appetite for the entire day.
- Leafy green vegetables– These food choices are known as a great source of fiber. Leafy green vegetables can help in boosting your metabolism and digestion. This is also helpful in maintaining healthy blood pressure and sugar levels. Leafy green vegetables are low in calories and high in nutritional value.
- Salmon and other fatty fish– These are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is also rich in protein and you can use this as a substitute to lean beef meat. This can improve your cardiovascular health. Salmon can also help in maintaining your weight loss on the HCG diet.
- Lean chicken and beef meat– These are unprocessed meat choices that are high in protein. Lean beef and chicken meat are low in calories and can help you stave off hunger. One of the most filling nutrients you can get from lean meat is protein. It can cut cravings and lessen your intake of calories.
- Soup– This is a low-density kind of meal. Soup will give you a filling meal with lesser calories. This is one way of hydrating your body. Soup is effective in maintaining your weight loss. However, you have to avoid oily and creamy soup because it can affect your weight maintenance.
- Avocados and nuts- Avocados are high in healthy fats. You can include this as your weight loss aid. These are also helpful in boosting your mind. Keep your intake moderately if you are still on the first week of Phase 4. Nuts are high in fats but they contain balance level of healthy fats, protein, and fiber.