The protein choices are helpful for the HCG diet. It can help you in maintaining a healthy muscle during your weight loss. The protein food choices on the HCG diet will help you in dealing with hunger during your VLCD. It can also lower your risk from having diseases in the heart or other weight-related diseases. Proteins are good in building your muscle, organs and preventing diseases such as diabetes.
Foods that are high in protein on the HCG diet
- Chicken breast- Thus is one of the most popular foods that are loaded with protein. It is very easy to cook and it is low in calorie. You can chicken breast on your meal in all phases of your HCG diet.
- Cheese- You can have cheese on your Phase 1 and your maintenance phase. Choose the cheese that is low in fat such as the cottage cheese. Cheese is loaded with calcium that helps in maintaining bone health during your HCG diet. Do not include cheese if you are doing Phase 2 of your GHCG diet.
- Broccoli– This is a healthy vegetable that is loaded with vitamin c and protein. It is also high in bioactive nutrients that can help in protecting your body against cancer. Broccoli is a healthy food you can have on your HCG diet as well as during your VLCD.
- Lean beef- This is usually used during your steak day. Be careful in purchasing your lean meat for your HCG diet. See to it that you have to purchase the unprocessed meat items. Weigh your lean beef meat before cooking. Make sure to take off all the visible fats on your meat.
- Tuna- This is one of the most popular types of fish. Tuna is rich in omega-3 which is very helpful in maintaining your cardiovascular health. This is a good protein option that you can enjoy during your HCG diet. It is loaded with good fats and proteins that maintain your weight loss.
- Shrimp– This is a type of seafood which is very low in calories. Shrimp are safe to eat during your VLCD. It has various nutrients and it is also high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Brussels sprouts– This is high in protein the same as the broccoli. This is one of the healthiest foods you can enjoy on your HCG diet. It has high-fiber content that can help in your metabolic rate. Fiber is also helpful in maintaining proper digestion during the HCG diet.