Phase 3 is when your brain will reset your metabolism. Phase 3 comes after Phase 2 or the very low-calorie diet. This is when you can slowly introduce more food choices and you gradually increase your intake of calories. You are allowed to eat new food choices except for sugar and starch. Sugar and starch will cause weight gain.
Phase 3 is when your body will get a new set point. There will be a new goal and it is to stabilize your weight loss. The stabilization is allowed to prepare your body for phase 4. Phase 4 is when you will introduce even more food choices including sugar.
The goal of the meal plan on phase 3 of the HCG diet
- You have to eat more than 500 calories without gaining weight
- Avoid various kinds of sugar and carbs
- Avoid various kinds of fats such as hydrogenated oils
- Restrict your calorie intake, however, do not deprive yourself
- Goal to eat whole food choices such as protein and fiber
- Remain on your weight loss while adding more food choices
The foods you can add on your HCG diet P3 meal
- Eggs- This is a great source of protein along with vitamin B2, B12, D, and B6. Eggs are also rich in zinc, copper, and iron. This can also provide health benefits that are constantly needed during weight loss. Eggs can also help you maintain a strong muscle.
- Crab- This is reach in phosphorus which is helpful for the growth of bones and teeth. This is also good for your cardiovascular health because of the fatty acids. Crabs can also help in controlling high cholesterol levels during weight loss. It is also helpful in detoxifying the fats in your body.
- Avocado– This is incredibly nutritious. Avocado contains more potassium than bananas. This is also loaded with fatty acids and fiber. It promotes healthy digestion and metabolism. This can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Coconut oil- This is a healthy fat that brings benefits in your body. The healthy fat can help in burning your belly fats. Coconut oil can supply quick energy to your body and brain. It can also increase your HDL cholesterol levels in your blood.
- Mushroom- This is low in calorie and packed with high nutritional values. Mushrooms are also a good source of fiber and protein. It has B vitamin, selenium, copper and potassium. Mushrooms are also rich in antioxidants that help in maintaining your health. It can also fight against diabetes.