The biggest fear of most dieter is not about not reaching the weight loss goal. It is when “cheat days come. It has various effects not just in weight loss but also in maintaining a healthy body. Cheating on a diet often happens especially if you are a first-time dieter. However, you will learn to deal with this without causing any slip on your HCG diet.
Be aware that weight gain is the major effect of food cheating and it ruins your HCG diet. You should know the reality that you cannot spit out everything you eat. That is why you have to pay more attention to eating during the HCG diet. You do not have to worry about hunger during your VLCD. This is because the HCG will help your body in curbing hunger.
There are various ways to stave off cravings and hunger during the HCG diet. Staving off hunger can prevent repetitive cravings and overeating. You do not have to cheat on your diet to solve your hunger. You can enjoy many foods that can solve your cravings and helps you recover from cheating. Be careful in eating in response to cravings because it can sabotage your weight loss. If you cheat because you crave, you will surely delay the weight loss.
Dealing with food cravings is different from self-deprivation. To recover food cravings you have to find ways to end it by doing healthy habits. Self-deprivation goes beyond the borders of “healthy”. Self-deprivation is an unhealthy habit that stops you from eating. Deprivation will cause nutrient deficiency and it can delay your weight loss. Recover from cheating and food cravings so that you can reach your weight loss goal fast.
You have to avoid the foods that trigger your cravings. Avoid the foods that stimulate your appetite. You can also choose healthy food choices to replace your sugar cravings. Fruits can be a good replacement for the sweet foods that you usually eat. This is because fruits have a natural sweetness and it is also nutritious.
What are the things you can do to recover from cheating?
- Stop panicking and regain your focus
Panicking cannot help to go back on the diet track. It will just increase your stress level. Instead, you have to think of a better solution to prevent weight gain. Think of the possible ways and do not just stay where you fail. You have to get up and try more to reach your weight loss goal. Remind yourself for your motivation why you want to lose weight.
- Drink water to help in flushing out the extra calories
Hydration contributes a lot in weight loss. Water will flush out all the chemicals from the unhealthy food you eat. It cleanses your body and gets you back on your diet track. Water has no calories that are why it is safe for the HCG diet. Drink adequate amount of water especially if you are doing the VLCD. It helps in the distribution of nutrients in various parts of your body. Water as well can help in curbing hunger and maintaining a healthy weight loss.
- Do the steak day for corrections
Steak and apple day are the common weight plateau/gain breaker on the HCG diet. This is an eating style which promotes to balance back the calories. The steak day is done at dinner. This is a way of serving one large steak at night and eating nothing for the whole day. You are only allowed to drink safety drinks such as water, coffee or tea for the whole day. Serve a large piece of fat-free meat during dinner. The apple day is also a weight loss plateau breaker. You have to eat nothing but 6 to 7 apples a whole day. This will help you clean your body from unhealthy food toxins. Apple day usually lasts for 2 to 3 days and can be stopped as soon as you get back to your last weigh-in.
How to avoid cheating?
- Administer the exact dose of HCG
- Control your food portion and calories
- Eat the right food at the right time and right place
- Do not skip any meal during your HCG diet even during VLCD
Tips to get through cravings on the HCG diet
- You can split your 500-Calorie meal-You will likely to feel hungry in the middle of the day if you eat the 500 calorie meal all at once. However, if you divide it into 5 you will come up with 5 different meals with 100 calories each. This is an effective technique to stay full all the time without causing any weight gain. Drink tea or coffee to help you stay full longer. You can also grab one fruit as for your snack in between meals. Do not worry about hunger pains because the HCG works in curbing your hunger. You will feel less hunger if you continue doing this meal portioning technique.
- Choose the foods that are filling and has low calorie-The most filling and has the lowest calorie food you can have are fruits and vegetables. An example of a filling vegetable is lettuce. It is high in fiber and other nutrients that help you through cravings. Fruits and vegetable are the incredible foods that you can fully enjoy during the HCG diet. Always remember that you cannot mix your vegetable in one serving. You can also choose the foods that are rich in fiber and protein.
- Drink tea or coffee-Tea and coffee are appetite suppressants that are particularly great at ending cravings. Tea and coffee can also help in hydrating your body. However, you have to make sure that it is free from sugar and other unhealthy ingredients. Tea and coffee can also eliminate the level of stress that can cause weight gain. Stress can also trigger cravings and emotional eating. Know the steps and ways to deal with stress because it might affect your weight loss. Tea and coffee are allowed entirely in your weight loss journey.