Foods become delicious not only because of its natural taste but also with the added seasoning and spices. The tastier the food, the more you get to eat it. This means that foods that are delicious are sometimes be the reason why you eat too much. Delicious foods stimulate your appetite and may be a reason why you will be eating too much calories. During the HCG diet, the food seasonings and spices will not be allowed except for those that give benefits to weight loss.
Limiting the intake of food with seasonings and spices does not mean that you will be eating a tasteless meal. There are still several ways that will help you enjoy your meal during your weight loss. The important thing here is not about the taste of your food but with the nutrients you will get when you eat. Delicious foods do not mean that it is rich in nutrients. This is because most of the foods that are appealing in taste are already processed. It already has added unhealthy ingredients on it which may affect your weight loss.
The VLCD of the HCG diet
VLCD is done after the loading phase. This is the time that your body will start to adapt the new eating style. The rapid fat burning and major metabolic resetting happen during this phase. You will also be adopting new food choices during the VLCD. That is why you have to make sure that you follow all the guidelines during this phase to promote weight loss.
The first three days of the VLCD is considered as crucial as your body is still adapting slowly to transition. Your food choices and portion control matters a lot during this phase. Hunger or cravings may strike but you have to deal it safely without giving in to food temptations. Maintain your HCG shot to be able to control cravings during this phase.
What is the difference between spice and seasonings?
Spices are the plant based source of flavor. This makes your food seasoned and may add aroma to your foods. Most of the spices are allowed during the HCG diet. Seasonings are the ones that are added in your food to increase the flavor. Most of these are chemically processed products. Seasonings are not allowed during the HCG diet because it stimulates your appetite.
Spices that are allowed during the HCG diet
- Cinnamon– This is one of the favorites and easiest spices to use. Cinnamon is commonly used by the HCG dieters. This is added to the coffee, apples or your diet smoothies. Cinnamon can influence blood sugar levels. It reduces bad cholesterol and increases glucose metabolism.
- Cumin- This spice helps in the digestion and production of energy. It has also properties that improve the glycemic process. This is beneficial in those with diabetes or pre-diabetic situation. Cumin has also the property to support the memory and has an anti-stress benefit.
- Chili-powder– Another spice that is common to everyone is the chili. This can help the HCG in burning your body fats. It is also helpful in raising your metabolic rate. This spice serves as a natural appetite suppressant and can help in digestion.
- Turmeric– This has various health benefits and is known for reducing the buildup of fat tissue. It works by suppressing the blood vessel that forms fat tissue. This is has low calorie content which is allowed during the VLCD. It helps the HCG hormones in expelling fats out of the body.
- Ginger- This is known as the warming spice which has a thermo genic effect. It is helpful in burning extra calories and body fats. Ginger also has low calorie content. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory spice. It soothes and relaxes the digestive tract and intestines.
- Black-pepper- This has a distinct flavor that burns calories. Pepper increases the absorption of nutrients from foods and spices. This is allowed during the VLCD because of its low calorie content. It adds flavor to your foods but it does not stimulate your appetite. This also works as a natural metabolic booster.
Above mentioned are not the complete lists of the allowed spices for VLCD. The VLCD allows cleansing your body from toxins and other effects of the foods that you eat. The nutrient dense-foods promote weight loss and increase your focus on your diet. These food choices will lower your risk of having weight-related diseases. This means that you have to control your food intake or only eat those foods that are in the food list. The diet hormones will be responsible in resetting your metabolic rate. It also burns the unreached body fats in various parts of your body.
Nutrient-dense foods allowed during the VLCD of the HCG diet
- Leafy green vegetables and fruits
It helps in maintaining and promoting digestion, metabolism and weight loss. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals which help in fighting against diseases. Fruits and vegetables supply the needed nutrients in your body during the HCG diet. These are also rich in antioxidants that fight against free radicals.
- Lean meat
This is helpful in weight loss and it keeps your muscles and bone health. Lean meat as well helps in curbing hunger. It keeps your stomach full and avoids prolonged hunger. You are allowed to have all cuts of lean pork, beef, and chicken meat. Lean meat is allowed in all phases of the HCG diet.
- Chicken breast
This is the best cut of meat that helps in losing weight. This is proven to significantly help in burning belly fats. It will make sure that you get the right amount of protein needed by your body during the HCG diet. You can stay healthy and has a low possibility of being attacked by cravings.
- Kale and cabbage
These foods raw or half cook has a full assurance that you get most of the nutrients. Kale and cabbage have high antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It has low calorie content which is great for VLCD. These are also helpful in fighting against cancer and other diseases.