Carb is a compound used by your body to produce energy. Carbs include sugars and starch. These are sources of your body’s energy. However, too much of it can cause rapid storing of fats in various parts of your body. Too many carbs can cause high blood pressure. This can also increase your possibility of getting high blood sugar levels. Carbs can provide energy for your body. However, on the HCG diet, it uses burned fats as the source of energy. Through the help of HCG, your body gets enough energy to get through the diet.
The two types of carbohydrate
- The Complex carbs- This is commonly referred to as dietary starch. This is found in plants and has high vitamins and minerals. Most of the complex carbs are allowed after the HCG diet. Complex carbs are nutrients dense, however; it can cause weight gain during your VLCD. The healthy foods that contain complex carbs are black beans, legumes, lentils, and chickpeas. Complex carbs can be found in quinoa, corn and potatoes as well.
- The Simple Carbohydrates- the instant source of energy but also the cause of rapid weight gain. Simple carbs have calories which are not good during the HCG diet. This is because it can trigger hunger and cravings. Most of these can be found in milk products, refined sugar, syrups, and soft drinks.
You can gradually introduce these food choices after your HCG diet. These are healthy food choices but can be load in minimal amount. As for the protocol of the HCG diet, you can choose whole foods and freshly picked products. You can also eat lean meat choices however, there will be no cabs and sugar at any amount is allowed during the weight loss. Substitute more fibre, protein, and other nutrients instead of the constant intake of carbohydrates. You are also not allowed to eat food that has flavourings, preservatives, sugar, and other food chemicals.
Why are carbohydrates not allowed during the HCG diet?
Hunger is one thing that is caused by too much intake of carbs. Though it makes you full at first it can also cause you extreme hunger. The HCG diet is zero carbs and sugar diet. This means that the body can still survive even without carbs during the HCG diet. You do not have to worry about your energy because the HCG is responsible for that in the VLCD. It keeps out physical hunger and supports the energy system of your body. This means that even without carbs your body can still have energy through the burned fats in various parts of your body.
What is hunger?
This is a signal from your body which means that you need foo. Hunger is also a signal that your body needs nutrients and you are losing out energy. There are also cases that hunger comes as a sign of dehydration. However, there is a misleading type of hunger. It can come when you are emotionally stressed. It will cause cravings and may result in overeating. Do not prolong the physical hunger to avoid its severe effects.
Things you need to know about emotional hunger during the HCG diet
- It is powerful and it comes promptly
This is a feeling of an urgent need for foods. This is the kind of hunger that will not stop until you indulge in unhealthy foods. This is just an emotional demand that needs instant satisfaction and may win or overpower you.
- You badly want specific foods
This is when your body is craving for a specific food, specific taste, scent and texture of a certain food. These are usually cravings for foods that have high calories. The common foods that are loaded with calories can stop you from losing weight.
- It will lead to mindless eating
Hunger will take off your focus on eating because you are enjoying it. Mindless eating makes you often unfulfilled even if you are already full. This is about wanting more foods without even thinking of the food portion. You will think of the taste or texture of the food you crave.
Tips you can do to curb hunger during the HCG diet
- Drink water- Emotional hunger last for 20 minutes, makes sure to drink water as you observe the kind of hunger you have. There are also cases that it is caused by thirst. Drink water right away once you are hungry. The emotional hunger pains usually last for 20 minutes
- Choose healthy food choices- Refer to the food list for your food choices. Choose foods that are healthy such as foods that are rich in protein. Protein can keep you full and curb hunger. The healthy food choices will supply all the nutrient needs of your body even after the HCG diet. The fresh and organic products are more nutritious than the usual food that you indulge.
- Load more on protein– The lean meats are rich in vitamins, and properties that promote fullness. It can also deal with hunger and cravings. Protein will keep you full longer and maintains bone and muscle health.
- Avoid eating too much at night- Do not eat too much at night because it can cause a lower rate of metabolism. It can also make you gain weight because the calories will not be burned. You are only allowed to have one fruit if you are hungry at night.
- Do not eat when you are stressed- This is not allowed on the HCG diet because it can cause you to gain weight. Eating in response to stress will break your weight loss process. Deal with stress before you will start eating so that you can eat properly and healthily.
- Do not eat when you are busy- This affects your focus on the foods that you are going to eat. This means that you will be out of focus and may lead to unhealthy loading or eating too much calorie. Avoid eating from watching tv. Playing games or doing other chores during mealtime.